Updated: Mar 26
At the present moment, dermal fillers or any other aesthetic treatments are outlined to be as conventional as brow threading or facial.
However so, all these treatments are practised exclusively by experts and, therefore, shall be still bracketed as specialized procedures.
So with more and more of individuals showing an inclination towards going under the needle, it becomes quite crucial for us to disseminate knowledge about the ‘Dos and Don’ts, Before and After Your Aesthetic Treatments’.
Following is a list of the same:
BEFORE DECIDING UPON YOUR AESTHETICIAN:
- DO YOUR HOMEWORK WHEN FINDING AN AESTHETIC DOCTOR. Even if the doctor is a friend’s recommendation or is offering a great value for money, always ensure to analyse the background of your list of selected aestheticians. After all, you would want an aesthetic doctor with a solid background in cosmetic procedures to do your treatment. Right? Thus, acquire knowledge about ‘somebody’ from ‘somebody’ himself. Yes! Listen to the facts straight from the horse’s mouth. Visit the aesthetician, know about his specializations and all the complications that he’s been able to handle safely, as well as his percentage of delivering great results.
- DO SEE THE WHOLE FACE. You must ensure to look at the entire face of all the patients who have been treated earlier by your doctor. Did the nasolabial fold treatment affect the under-eye area of the patient or did the lip fillers have an effect on the patient’s chin, well, you must have an idea of how the procedure looked in combination with the rest of the patient’s face. It should all be balanced.
- DON’T GET FILLERS WHEN YOU ARE NOT IN A GOOD PLACE, PSYCHOLOGICALLY. Yes! Aesthetic treatments are affected by your natural stores of collagen. So, if you want to get fillers after a break-up or a drastic mental breakdown, do avoid going under the needle.
- DO BE OPEN ABOUT WHERE YOU SHOULD YOU GET YOUR FILLER INJECTED. Quite a lot many clients step in assured about the areas that they think is required to be treated. Though, inreality, a treatment on that particular area might not fetch them their desired results. Thus, when we talk about aesthetic treatments, 70 per cent of exceptional results is diagnosis. The rest is technique. For example, sometimes patient feels one think they need lip fillers but in reality, the facial profile will be more balanced with chin fillers. Injecting fillers in specific areas, in a strategic manner, can enhance features without making them look obvious.
- DON’T GET TREATED CLOSE TO A BIG EVENT. Yes! We know you might want to look a tad more attractive on special days like weddings or reunions. And, therefore, you might want to go under the needle, just for the same. But do make sure that you have plenty of time to recover. Leave at least one week before a big event, just in case you turn out to be unlucky and get a bit more swelling or bruising.
- DON’T GET A PERMANENT FILLER TREATMENT. Most dermal fillers are temporary. So, even if you are unhappy with the results, your aesthetician can dissolve it quite easily. On the other hand, if anything goes wrong with your permanent filler treatment, you could get into real trouble.
BEFORE THE PROCEDURE:
- DO TELL YOUR DOCTOR IF YOU HAVE ANY HISTORY OF COLD SORES. Your aesthetician would, therefore, prescribe you to an antiviral, prior to your treatment, so as to avoid any worsening of your condition.
- DON’T TAKE ANY OVER-THE-COUNTER BLOOD THINNERS ONE WEEK PRIOR TO YOUR TREATMENT. You should avoid taking Aspirin, Aleve, Motrin or Ibuprofen. If you are on a prescribed blood thinner, make sure to let your aesthetician know about it. He will take all the precautions accordingly.
- DON’T TAKE OVER-THE-COUNTER SUPPLEMENTS FOR AT LEAST ONE WEEK. Vitamin E, Primrose Oil, Ginseng, all such supplements must be avoided.
- DON’T TAKE ANY ANTI-AGEING PRODUCTS. These products increase the risk of bruising, cause skin irritation or infection.
- DO ASK ABOUT THE BRAND OF FILLER BEING USED IN YOUR TREATMENT.
- DO NOT DRINK ALCOHOL 24 HOURS BEFORE YOUR TREATMENT.
AFTER THE PROCEDURE:
- DO NOT TOUCH THE TREATED AREA FOR AT LEAST 6 HOURS. The minutest of bacteria can cause certain reactions.
- DO AVOID GETTING TOO HOT FOR 48 HOURS AFTER YOUR TREATMENT. Arduous work outs, alcohol consumptions, sunbathing, steam and sauna — all must be avoided.
- DON’T APPLY MAKEUP FOR 6 HOURS AFTER YOUR TREATMENT. Makeup or even spray tanning can cause infection.
- DON’T GET A FACIAL, SEMI-PERMANENT MAKEUP OR MICRODERMABRASION DONE FOR AT LEAST TWO WEEKS. Do not use any electric device or derma rollers on the treated area. Let your filler settle and heal.
- DO APPLY A COLD COMPRESS TO THE INJECTED AREA, IF YOU FEEL ANY DISCOMFORT OR SWELLING.
Thus, as mentioned in the first point, if you want to achieve a remarkable youthful appearance, you must find an aesthetic doctor who has a backing of an exceptional background in cosmetic procedures.
And, therefore, we highly recommend Dr Ram Aesthetics www.drramaesthetics.com to you!
But again, do not believe us. Make a visit to his clinic yourself, look at his portfolio, analyze his background and then conclude upon your decision. We assure you, you will not be disappointed. Dr Ram S Bhadouria Clinical Aesthetics can give you a enhancing skin quality or natural beauty with their wondrous treatments. Now, we know that these are the trying times of COVID19 pandemic. But the team of Dr. Ram S Bhadouria Clinical Aesthetics is taking all the necessary precautionary measures for the safety of their clients. Their appointments are being scheduled by emails and phone calls.
Therefore, you can mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org or call them on +44 07624248926. So, what is the wait for?
Contact Dr Ram Aesthetics!